moderated Re: Managing tabs in MS Edge

Curtis Chong

Hello:

Your experience does not match my experience with the new Edge browser. If I open a link by pressing CTRL+ENTER, a new tab is open, and I can use CTRL+TAB to move between the open tabs in Edge. If I venture into another program (such as my email program), Pressing ALT+TAB only shows me one window for Microsoft Edge. This is the behavior I know you are wanting but which, apparently, is not happening for you.

This assumes you are using the Chromium version of Edge. My version right now is 92.0.902.78.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralph Supernaw via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2021 7:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Managing tabs in MS Edge

Hi,

When I used Internet Explorer I often opened several tabs.  When using alt-tab to cycle through applications IE would show up once.  Now that I am using Edge, when I use alt-tab to cycle through things I have to go through every tab that is opened in Edge instead of Edge showing up once.  Is there a setting I can change so that Edge shows up only once if all the windows are tabs I opened with control-enter on links?

Hope this makes sense.  Thanks for any help.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.