From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 11:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Annoying Jaws word issue?

Hi,

My sanity is saved!!! 😀

Thanks so much for this.

But, are there any major down sides to turning off this feature in Word? Just curious.

~Ann

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 12:23 PM, Curtis Chong wrote:

Greetings:

I can also confirm that the problem an be fixed by turning off the UIA feature in Word.

  • Press Insert v to go into Quick Settings.
  • Search for uia.
  • Arrow down to the actual choice and hit space to uncheck Use UIA in Word365 documents.
  • Pres OK.

Sincerely,

Curtis Chong