moderated Re: Annoying Jaws word issue?

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

I can also confirm that the problem an be fixed by turning off the UIA feature in Word.

• Press Insert v to go into Quick Settings.
  • Search for uia.
  • Arrow down to the actual choice and hit space to uncheck Use UIA in Word365 documents.
  • Pres OK.

Sincerely,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 8:55 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Annoying Jaws word issue?

Hi,

It is consistent with every single document. At the beginning of each line, it says Font Change. And in a document with more than one page, it's driving me crazy! Well, actually, it's even annoying with only one page documents. It just doesn't last as long.

And I have tried selecting all the text in the document and setting in manually to one font, but it made no difference.

Just out of curiosity, I just tried the keystroke while I was composing this message, and it did exactly the same thing.

~Ann

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 10:26 PM, HH. Smith Jr. wrote:

Hi Ann,

Is the problem consistent with all your documents or with just one particular document? And have you tried selecting all the text, then do a shift F10, arrow down to Font and change all the text for the entire document by the listed choices under the Font menu.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2021 6:35 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Annoying Jaws word issue?

Hi folks,

I'm running the latest Jaws, the latest Windows 10, with the latest version of MS Word 365. When I use the keystroke Alt+Windows+i to move the cursor between document inconsistencies, it reports a font change at the beginning of every line. But when I check my formatting info, there has been no change.

Does anyone know what might cause this? And better, how can I fix it?

Thanks,
~Ann

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.