moderated Re: MS Outlook 365 question

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

The way OneDrive saves to your PC or "on demand" has nothing to do with Outlook. There is still a local Outlook data file on your PC but as I said, how much is synced to that file depends on your settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Life in Six Dots
Sent: August 20, 2021 5:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: MS Outlook 365 question

Hi Tom,

I have Office 365 installed on five computers with my emails setup as IMAP and I can read them offline. One thing I have noticed when installing Office on a machine Microsoft likes to setup OneDrive as my storage. I have to ensure that Save to this PC is checked. It might be worth looking to see where your files are being saved assuming you have installed Office 365 on your machine and you're not using the cloud version.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Cramer
Sent: 20 August 2021 02:04
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MS Outlook 365 question

Hello,
I'm sure this is probably the wrong place to ask, since this list is mainly for JAWS things.
When I used Outlook in the past, I had it set up to where the messages would download directly to my computer and I could save them or read them offline.
Ever since I needed to go to Microsoft Office 365, that isn't happening. I guess the messages stay on the server and are available to me whenever I use Outlook 365 online, but they don't download to my computer like before.
Is this new, and is there a way to go back to the old way?
Sorry for asking so much. I'm just trying to get used to the transition.
Tom

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.