moderated Re: Accessing the jump lists in the taskbar

James Benstead

Correction! It turns out that the Application key *does* bring up the jump list. My keyboard doesn't have an Application Key, so I was using SHIFT + F10, which *doesn't* bring up the jump list: it turns out that the Application key and SHIFT + F10 are actually subtly different keystrokes.

So, to rephrase my question: how might I access the jump list when I don't have access to an Application key?
--
Jim Benstead
Assistive technology trainer and consultant

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 at 12:49, James Benstead <james.benstead@...> wrote:
The keystroke WINDOWS + T takes me to the taskbar, and I can then navigate through the various icons in the taskbar using the TAB and arrow keys.

If I'm using the mouse, I can right-click on icons in the taskbar to bring up what Microsoft calls a "jump list" that shows (amongst other things) files that I've recently opened in a given application.

However, if I use the Application Key or SHIFT + F10 to simulate a right click I don't get the jump list; instead I get an old fashioned looking context menu.

How can I access the jump list for a given icon in the taskbar using the keyboard? I know I can use WINDOWS + ALT + n to access the jump list for the icon in the nth position, but what do I do if I've already moved to some icon using WINDOWS + T and the arrow keys?