moderated Re: introduction and question regarding accessible program uninstaller with jaws

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

The overwhelming majority of programs installed on a Windows computer can be removed using the standard Windows uninstaller, which is reasonably accessible. The problem I have found is that once you invoke the removal process, the application being removed then takes over, and the removal can be terrific or extremely inaccessible depending on the specific application. Most applications are removable without a problem. But there are rare instances where the application's removal screen needs JAWS Convenient OCR to be used to figure out what is going on. Shame on the appliation developers🙂.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 9:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: introduction and question regarding accessible program uninstaller with jaws

I use the Windows installer program to install and uninstall all of my programs. I don't have any problem with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of betina vega
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 12:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: introduction and question regarding accessible program uninstaller with jaws

Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
I have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Do any of you know a program uninstaller that works well with JAWS? I am using the latest version of the JAWS home annual license.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.