moderated Re: Problem on USPS Click 'N Ship, selecting mail service.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Nothing much to clarify, just in some cases I can do things with the virtual cursor turned off which I can't do when it's turned on.

One example was with my previous bank's online business tax filing service. I have a retail business and have to submit monthly GST (a federal tax here in Canada) as well as PST (provincial sales tax to the provincial government). The first step is to select the account the money should come from, in this case my business chequing account. This is a combo box, but with the virtual cursor turned on opening the combo box either by pressing enter or Alt + Page Down seems to open it, but I can't select anything and Jaws does not speak my accounts. If I turn the virtual cursor off and tab a few times to get to that combo box I can then arrow down and select my chequing account, after that I turn the virtual cursor back on and all is well.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: August 14, 2021 11:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem on USPS Click 'N Ship, selecting mail service.

So sorry, I know better.

Jaws 21.2107.12

Windows 10 version H2OS Build 1942.1165

Google Chrome is running the latest version, as there is no menu showing, since it updates itself.

I’ve worked and am familiar with routing to Jaws cursor or routing Jaws to PC, but am not familiar with navigating with virtual cursor turned off, the pros and such.

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Judy

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2021 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: Problem on USPS Click 'N Ship, selecting mail service.

Have you tried turning off the virtual cursor and tabbing until you find the list? It is always good as well to give full details, e.g. version of Windows, version of Jaws as well as the browser and which version you are using.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: August 14, 2021 11:07 AM
Subject: Problem on USPS Click 'N Ship, selecting mail service.

Hi, All,

As I have done for years, I logged onto the USPS site, Click ‘N Ship, preparing to mail a package, only to find, now, that I was unable to select my mail service preference.

The dropdown is not a combo box, but an expandable buttons list.  The list expands, I can get to my selection, but pressing enter or spacebar does nothing.  Simply tabbing away from it takes me near the top of the page.

I have Windows 10 and the latest Jaws 21 update.

I’m wondering if this is a problem with the site, or if there is something else I can do with Jaws that I haven’t yet learned.

Thanks a ton for your help and advice.

Judy

🌄 (sunrise over mountains)

“embrace each day with His mercies and blessings.”

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.