From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 7:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 365???

Hello Ann,
It sounds like the student is using the web version of office 365. If they'd like to continue using the web version then I'd suggest that the student enable the light mode of Office 365. For me, This is found as one initially signs in there is a checkbox to check that says enable light mode.
If this checkbox is not found, then see the below article for how to enable it in settings within office 365:
https://volstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1994/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=87244
This turns Outlook web app into a similar experience as Google's basic HTML view. When the student finds the attachment they'd like to download they can press enter and if they use a web browser such as Chrome, the attachment will begin downloading automatically while still keeping the student in the body of the email.
Hope this helps.

On 8/10/21, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
The office 365 screens the student is dealing with require a lot of
tabbing. She had an email with 46 attached training documents. they
were not set up the way Outlook 2016 does them, in a list where you
can copy them one at a time. Instead, each file had three buttons:
Filename, download button, more actions button. Clicking on the
download button took you away from the list, requiring 5 presses of
f6 to get back. then you had to tab past the three buttons for each
item you had already downloaded in order to get to the next one to
download. I tried with JAWS listing buttons, listing links, listing
forms ... Nothing worked. Just a lot of tabs--let's see, 46 times 3,
to be exact. Doable, but only with determination.

At 07:44 PM 8/10/2021, you wrote:
Greetings:

It is impossible to answer this question without more specific
information.
Blind people have been using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Outlook,
Excel, and PowerPoint) for decades. Yes, there are a few bumps in the
road, but there is a veritable plethora of training materials for
someone who has never worked with Office before. Anyone who is seeking
to be successful in a job should know Office products well enough to
be able to adapt to an employer's situation. For example, in my last
two jobs, I was expected to be proficient with both Outlook and
Microsoft Word. I was also expected to be able to proficiently work
with web browsing software (at that time, Internet Explorer).

If the student has some experience with Office, this should not pose a
huge issue. How is it that in your experience, you think that
Microsoft Office is messy?

Kindly,

Curtis Chong