moderated Re: Office 365???

Shai

Hello Ann,
It sounds like the student is using the web version of office 365. If
they'd like to continue using the web version then I'd suggest that
the student enable the light mode of Office 365. For me, This is
found as one initially signs in there is a checkbox to check that says
enable light mode.
If this checkbox is not found, then see the below article for how to
enable it in settings within office 365:
https://volstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/1994/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=87244
This turns Outlook web app into a similar experience as Google's basic
HTML view. When the student finds the attachment they'd like to
download they can press enter and if they use a web browser such as
Chrome, the attachment will begin downloading automatically while
still keeping the student in the body of the email.
Hope this helps.

On 8/10/21, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
The office 365 screens the student is dealing with require a lot of
tabbing. She had an email with 46 attached training documents. they
were not set up the way Outlook 2016 does them, in a list where you
can copy them one at a time. Instead, each file had three buttons:
Filename, download button, more actions button. Clicking on the
download button took you away from the list, requiring 5 presses of
f6 to get back. then you had to tab past the three buttons for each
item you had already downloaded in order to get to the next one to
download. I tried with JAWS listing buttons, listing links, listing
forms ... Nothing worked. Just a lot of tabs--let's see, 46 times 3,
to be exact. Doable, but only with determination.

At 07:44 PM 8/10/2021, you wrote:
Greetings:

It is impossible to answer this question without more specific
information.
Blind people have been using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel,
and PowerPoint) for decades. Yes, there are a few bumps in the road, but
there is a veritable plethora of training materials for someone who has
never worked with Office before. Anyone who is seeking to be successful in
job should know Office products well enough to be able to adapt to an
employer's situation. For example, in my last two jobs, I was expected to
be
proficient with both Outlook and Microsoft Word. I was also expected to be
able to proficiently work with web browsing software (at that time,
Internet
Explorer).

If the student has some experience with Office, this should not pose a
huge
issue. How is it that in your experience, you think that Microsoft Office
is
messy?

Kindly,

Curtis Chong