moderated Re: Office 365???

Ann Byrne

The office 365 screens the student is dealing with require a lot of tabbing. She had an email with 46 attached training documents. they were not set up the way Outlook 2016 does them, in a list where you can copy them one at a time. Instead, each file had three buttons: Filename, download button, more actions button. Clicking on the download button took you away from the list, requiring 5 presses of f6 to get back. then you had to tab past the three buttons for each item you had already downloaded in order to get to the next one to download. I tried with JAWS listing buttons, listing links, listing forms ... Nothing worked. Just a lot of tabs--let's see, 46 times 3, to be exact. Doable, but only with determination.

At 07:44 PM 8/10/2021, you wrote:
Greetings:

It is impossible to answer this question without more specific information.
Blind people have been using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel,
and PowerPoint) for decades. Yes, there are a few bumps in the road, but
there is a veritable plethora of training materials for someone who has
never worked with Office before. Anyone who is seeking to be successful in a
job should know Office products well enough to be able to adapt to an
employer's situation. For example, in my last two jobs, I was expected to be
proficient with both Outlook and Microsoft Word. I was also expected to be
able to proficiently work with web browsing software (at that time, Internet
Explorer).

If the student has some experience with Office, this should not pose a huge
issue. How is it that in your experience, you think that Microsoft Office is
messy?

Kindly,

Curtis Chong