moderated Re: latest JAWS locking up

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

As well as the ergonomic model from Logitech, K860.  I’ve only had it less than a year, but it works great for typing on the computer and so easy to switch to the iPhone as needed.

$130.

Richard

Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: latest JAWS locking up

Most keyboards are typically cheap and have a lifespan of a couple of years before they do strange things so if you use a basic USB keyboard it's a good idea to always have a spare around or invest in something higher end like a Das Keyboard wired mechanical keyboard, they cost around $160 US I think but in my opinion are worth it. Another good one is the Logitech K780 which is a wireless keyboard. It comes with a USB dongle for use with a PC or laptop but also can be paired to two additional devices via Bluetooth. I highly discourage people to use the Bluetooth connection with a PC, the USB dongle is way more responsive. I have had mine for at least 2 or maybe even 3 years and it's still doing good.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:16 AM

Hi,

don’t ask me why or how, but the problem seems to have disappeared after I changed my USB keyboard. For some reason, the insert key would not work; so I changed the keyboard and that seems to have solve the problem. I am as baffled as the next guy.

Thx,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 12:40 PM

Not that I think this can be solved on the list, but what programs do you have open when this happens?

Is it a situation you can duplicate reliably?

Perhaps asking FS to tandem in with you so they could see it happen?

Richard

Software means never having to say you're finished

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 12:07 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: latest JAWS locking up

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

I have been very busy with school and haven’t kept up with the list; however, I have been having a reoccurring problem of JAWS going silent but it is still loaded. I have to turn on narrator and exit out of JAWS and then restart JAWS. I am not sure if thread has been posted before, but if it has please redirect me.

Thx,

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.