moderated Re: Editing the status line in Word with JAWS

Bill White

Yes. Go into View Menu with ALT plus W, and make sure that Print View is checked. If you still have trouble finding Print View, and you live in the United States, I will send you a private message, immediately after I send you this one, that will contain my telephone number, in case you wish to call me. I can JAWS Tandem into your computer, if you wish, or I can just walk you through the process.Q

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loreal Lavigna
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 4:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Editing the status line in Word with JAWS
Importance: High

OK, Bill, so I checked and verified that the document is maximized, the view is set to print layout, and the zoom is at 100%. I also went into the status line and looked for print layout but didn’t see this. The only things I have checked presently are word count, page number, and line count.  Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Loreal Lavigna

General, Legal, Medical Transcriptionist

Phone:  (518)330-5188

E-Mail:  LorealLavigna@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 6:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Editing the status line in Word with JAWS

Hi, Loreal. You might want to check in the view menu, and make sure that your document's zoom setting is set to 100%. There should be a button that says Zoom 100%. This could be one reason that the whole status line is not being read. Another reason could be that your document is not set to Print View. This is also located in the View Menu, and also in the Status Line. It is one of the things that would be checked when you use F6 to look at which things are checked to be read in the status line. I find that more of the status line is read when Print View is checked.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loreal Lavigna
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 4:58 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Editing the status line in Word with JAWS
Importance: High

I know I asked some months ago, but I’ve since upgraded everything on my laptop and cannot find this information.  I want to edit what is spoken in the status line when the JAWS key plus Page Down is pressed.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Sincerely,

Loreal Lavigna

General, Legal, Medical Transcriptionist

Phone:  (518)330-5188

E-Mail:  LorealLavigna@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.