moderated Re: Deactivating OneDrive using JAWS?
Bill:toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I just emailed tom to say I will contact him with instructions. Those instructions are to completely disable one drive. However, if all he wants to do is stop one drive from starting when Windows starts, then, your suggestion will work for him.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill White" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: Deactivating OneDrive using JAWS?
Hi, Tom. Here's the easiest way I found to deactivate OneDrive.
1. From the desktop, press the Windows Key plus X.
2. Arrow down to Apps and Features, and press ENTER.
3. Press SHIFT plus TAB once to get to the list of categories.
4. Arrow down to Startup, and press ENTER.
5. Now, tab through the list of programs that run when the computer starts, and turn off OneDrive.
6. Close the Startup dialog, and reboot your computer.
Now OneDrive shouldn't come up when your computer starts.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Tom Cramer
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 12:57 AM
Subject: Deactivating OneDrive using JAWS?
Recently, I had some work done on my computer, and I guess it was
reset. Now, every time I start it up, it wants me to enter a password
for OneDrive. I guess it wants me to log in, but I don't want to do
that. Is there a way of turning this feature off so it doesn't come
up every time I start my computer?
How do I do this with JAWS? I have no idea.