moderated Re: number of pages in a PDF

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 05:11 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Brian. The CONTROL plus SHIFT plus N command does not tell you how many pages are in the document. Besides that, if the document is not text, and requires OCR scanning through JAWS, the CONTROL plus SHIFT plus N command will not be available.

-
I'm back at home and I can say, unequivocally, that it does tell you how many pages.  I just had NVDA announce, "Goto page dialog, of 70, page, edit selected, 3," in Adobe Reader DC for the 70 page document I have open.  Substitute that 3 with whatever page, and it still announces "of 70" in this document.  It announces "of {total page number here}" in any document I have open and for which I invoke this dialog.

OCR is a completely separate issue, and one not asked about nor addressed by me because of that.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.