moderated Re: number of pages in a PDF

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 05:11 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Brian. The CONTROL plus SHIFT plus N command does not tell you how many pages are in the document. Besides that, if the document is not text, and requires OCR scanning through JAWS, the CONTROL plus SHIFT plus N command will not be available.

-
I'm back at home and I can say, unequivocally, that it does tell you how many pages.  I just had NVDA announce, "Goto page dialog, of 70, page, edit selected, 3," in Adobe Reader DC for the 70 page document I have open.  Substitute that 3 with whatever page, and it still announces "of 70" in this document.  It announces "of {total page number here}" in any document I have open and for which I invoke this dialog.

OCR is a completely separate issue, and one not asked about nor addressed by me because of that.

    ~ William Plomer