moderated Thunderbird Issue

clarence carter

My wife uses Thunderbird. Suddenly a couple of weeks ago, it would not accept the password for the outgoing server.

After a few attempts at getting it to accept the password, I attempted to roll back to an earlier version.

That when the fun started.

It crashed the machine and I had to come back in.

When I did that I discovered that the profile that was associated with Thunderbird was lost. I got help from AOL  to recreate the profile. Later I attempted to find the e-mail folders, and addresses, but I could not recover them.

I have considered just calling it a day and switch her over to Outlook. However, that is not what she is use to using. Is there a way that I can recover the old profile? I have looked and I cannot find it.

I had a sighted person look, but they got a bunch of files that would not convert. If you have a way to import those files that would help also.

The import function is useless within Thunderbird.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS

I had this happen to me years ago, and I just jumped to Outlook and had it find everything. Is that still doable with the recent Thunderbird versions?

Thanks!