moderated Re: Seamlessly switching from JAWS to NVDA on the fly

Life in Six Dots

Hi all,

It is easy to load and unload both screen readers once you have them setup
correctly.

By default both JAWS and NVDA have a keyboard shortcut to shut them down:

JAWS: Insert + F4
NVDA: Insert + Q

You need to go into the settings to stop them asking if you would like to
quit the screen reader. The fast way to do that in JAWS is to run the Start
Up Wizard and uncheck "Prompt to confirm when exiting JAWS". With NVDA it
can be found in the General section of Settings.

To start each screen reader you will need to setup a keyboard shortcut in
Properties. For JAWS set is as: CTRL+ALT+J. For NVDA set is as CTRL+ALT+N.

Once that is done it is very easy to load and unload each screen reader.

Paul