moderated Re: Seamlessly switching from JAWS to NVDA on the fly

JM Casey

Also you may be aware of this already, but your message seems to suggest you might not be -- if you have both programmes on your desktop you can assign hotkeys to load them. NVDA does this by default; the keystroke is usually ctrl-alt-n. A lot of people like JAWS to have one too and they usually use ctrl-alt-j. JAWS too may set one up by default. I know there used to be a lot of fuss around hotkeys and how a new JAWS instalation would remove the old hotkey. I think this may have been tweaked by FS due to peoples' discontent but I haven't gotten a new JAWS version in a few years so, I'm not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: August 3, 2021 03:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Seamlessly switching from JAWS to NVDA on the fly

Sorry. What are their shutdown and loading hotkeys? I am not aware of these.

Rahul

On 04/08/2021, JM Casey <jmcasey@teksavvy.com> wrote:
Hi.

As these programmes are not designed to work together, there's no
toggle or anything, if that’s' what you're after.
But why are you going to the desktop? That does seem like an
unnecessary step.
Both programmes have a keystroke that is meant to unload them.
I suppose if you really wanted you could make some kind of script to
unload one and load the other. Then maybe you could put it on the
desktop and set up a hotkey for it. But it seems like more trouble
than it's worth when all you have to do is hit a couple of keystrokes.