moderated Re: Seamlessly switching from JAWS to NVDA on the fly

JM Casey

Screenreader-key plus f4 for jaws. Screenreader key + q for nvda. By default you have to press enter in both programmes after executing the keystroke to confirm that you want to quit the screen-reader. I know you can change this in NVDA; not sure about JAWS (someone above seemed to suggest you could, though)

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: August 3, 2021 03:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Seamlessly switching from JAWS to NVDA on the fly

Sorry. What are their shutdown and loading hotkeys? I am not aware of these.

Rahul

On 04/08/2021, JM Casey <jmcasey@teksavvy.com> wrote:
Hi.

As these programmes are not designed to work together, there's no
toggle or anything, if that’s' what you're after.
But why are you going to the desktop? That does seem like an
unnecessary step.
Both programmes have a keystroke that is meant to unload them.
I suppose if you really wanted you could make some kind of script to
unload one and load the other. Then maybe you could put it on the
desktop and set up a hotkey for it. But it seems like more trouble
than it's worth when all you have to do is hit a couple of keystrokes.