moderated Re: can't identify speaker in Zoom meeting

Mario

Jonathan, if you don't mind, I'll email you off list as this thread might be considered as cluttering the list and triggering members to complain.

the only occurrance of ksZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker is in the statement of that script.
find the keyboard manager listed there. There is a list of applications, make sure you are in the Zoom application, and then review the lists of scripts available for assigning keys to. There is a way to filter out the default scripts to limit the list. I believe the keyboard manager is driven by the ".jsd" files so if there is an error in the JAWS builtin documentation then it is possible to still get this error, but would be a big priority and fairly simple for Freedom Scientific to correct.

Otherwise, you could purchase or perhaps sample Brian Hartgen excellent and often updated scripts. I have heard very good things about these scripts, but have not tried them since I primarily use Zoom on Apple products.
Brian's web site is:

http://www.hartgen.org/zoompro
Another thing you can check is to see if you have a zoom.jkm file or something closely similar to that in your JAWS private settings files. TO To get to this, from the start menu search for Utilities JAWS , this will bring up a directory listing of several shortcuts. Select the Explore My Settings shortcut and then look for files that start with Zoom. These are customizations to zoom that were added to you that are not part of the JAWS installation and would override anything in the JAWS directories that gets checked when you repair JAWS.

Best Wishes,
Jonathan

On Jul 31, 2021, at 13:04, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

using JAWS 2020 when attending a Zoom meeting, until now, pressing JAWS+shift+t announces unknown script call to: ZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker. I've downloaded and ran the installer from Freedom Scientific's download page to repair my installation (which completed successfully), but the problem persists. pressing JAWS+numrow 3 and then control+numrow 2 does announce who is speaking, which lead me to that there is a problem with the script.

talking to some aquaintances via Zoom who are computer literate and somewhat tech savvy, it was suggested that I uninstall and reinstall the Zoom client.

will doing so help to fix the problem, or am I just wasting time?
any suggestions as what to do besides calling FS Monday?

.

.