moderated can't identify speaker in Zoom meeting

Mario

using JAWS 2020 when attending a Zoom meeting, until now, pressing JAWS+shift+t announces unknown script call to: ZoomNotifyCurrentSpeaker. I've downloaded and ran the installer from Freedom Scientific's download page to repair my installation (which completed successfully), but the problem persists. pressing JAWS+numrow 3 and then control+numrow 2 does announce who is speaking, which lead me to that there is a problem with the script.

talking to some aquaintances via Zoom who are computer literate and somewhat tech savvy, it was suggested that I uninstall and reinstall the Zoom client.

will doing so help to fix the problem, or am I just wasting time?
any suggestions as what to do besides calling FS Monday?