moderated Re: Creating gmamil address

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you set up an email address in Outlook by simply entering a Gmail address and password it is set up as an IMAP account and the incoming and outgoing server addresses and ports are of no concern, having to specify anything here is an ancient requirement by the POP protocol which nobody should be using any mor.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: July 31, 2021 9:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Creating gmamil address

Thanks for everyones input. I went to my existing Google account that was under my current email address and was able to add a new email address. Once I added the new email address to Outlook, it never gave me the chance to enter a input server an output server info. Google automatically added it. I went back to my other email address and sent an email to the new gmail address and it works. I did check to see what the input/output server info was and it matched what I found on the internet.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2021 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: Creating gmamil address

Hi, Kevin. I found it more convenient to create the account on the gmail website, then, once the account was created, add it to Outlook. I'm not saying this was perfectly easy, I'm just saying that it was more readable on the website than it was to create the account in Outlook. Also, once the account is created, don't forget to turn on the account in POP and Forwarding.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2021 7:41 AM
Subject: Creating gmamil address

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook2016 and Jaws2021. I wanted to create a gmail email address and couldn’t get it created. I followed steps I found on the internet and it didn’t work. I got stuck on the page where I enter a user id and hit enter on create account. It just sits on this page. Does anyone have some instructions on creating a gmail email address? Thanks, Kevin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.