moderated Re: Creating gmamil address

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 12:04 PM, kevin meyers wrote:
Once I added the new email address to Outlook, it never gave me the chance to enter a input server an output server info. Google automatically added it.
-
For the sake of clarity, you seem to be randomly intermixing actually creating a new Google/Gmail account and adding that account under Outlook, which are two very distinctly different things.

And it's Outlook that looked up the server settings, which Microsoft maintains in a massive database for virtually any email service provider most of us can name, when setting up the account in Outlook.  This automatic lookup and configuration has been the norm since at least Outlook 2013, maybe Outlook 2010.  The only time you need to do a manual configuration these days is for obscure email service providers that have never submitted their server configuration info to Microsoft for inclusion in their database.

    ~ William Plomer