moderated Re: check writing software?

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:17 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Aren't there things like email money transfer in the US?
-
Yes.  There are multiple services for this, not just PayPal, the best known one (here in the USA, anyway).  Zelle/ZellePay is not nearly as well known to the general public, but it's used extensively within the banking industry itself, and there is a free consumer version.  It has the advantage of being as close to literally instant transfer as one can get.

Then there are, as I noted, bill payer services at any bank or credit union I have been affiliated with for the last 25 years.  They transfer funds electronically where that can be done (and you can actually set that up for someone's personal bank account if you pay them often if you so choose) but will cut and mail checks at no cost to entities or individuals that don't accept EFT.

If I write 2 checks per year, on a supply I got over 10 years ago now, that's it.  And it's usually to my mechanic, since he doesn't accept credit cards and doesn't really deal with any "new technology" other than that in the cars he repairs.

    ~ William Plomer