moderated Re: new n quick navigation in Outlook messages is amazing

Jason White

On 30/7/21 1:25 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:
I wish, and I know that it won't be granted, because the custom is what the custom is, that trimming all bottom quoted material before adding a reply would become common custom on these lists when it's entirely clear what and who the reply is to.
One way to achieve this in Microsoft Outlook that I discovered recently is to reply to the message with focus on the message list rather than in the body of the message. At least in the Office 365 version of Outlook that I have installed on my Windows system, typing Ctrl+R when the focus is on the entry in the message list doesn't quote the text of the message you are replying to. (It only quotes the header of the original, but not the message body). However, Ctrl+R with focus in the message body (on my system, it's configured to display in a separate window) does quote the text in full.

I'm not sure whether this is a recent change to Microsoft Outlook or whether I simply hadn't noticed it previously.