From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Nickus de Vos
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:35 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Reading large pdf docs with adobe reader

With my 4 GB ram which sounds very little now lol, I closed jaws and let
someone sighted navigate the 1200 page document in adobe reader and they
had no problems with it so it seems that it's a jaws problem or
limitation.

On 4/10/12, Farfar and His Trusty Guide Beamer <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Soronel.

Hard to get my head around that much RAM, but so be it.

Looks like it's either how Acrobat handles the memory management, or
how JAWS is interacting with same. I'd wonder if there's someone you
can turn to who can observe the on-screen activity with the same large
document, and JAWS unloaded? Does JAWS cause the slowdown, or is it
inherent in Acrobat/Adobe?

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western
United States, using a Dell Latitude E6520 and Windows 7