moderated How do I make Adobe Acrobat stop automatically preparing a document for reading?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

I am using Windows 10 and JAWS 2020.  Whenever I open a PDF, Adobe automatically goes into a mode where it “prepares the document for reading.”  How do I stop this automatic action?  Below is a bit more important information about this?

Basically, I want to know if this is a user specific setting.  My PC has three user accounts.  While I *do* want this automatic action for my account since I am blind, I *do not* want it to automatically do this for the other two user accounts since those users are not blind.

Thanks,

Richard