Reading text with colors

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

I'm using Jaws 13 and Word 2003. I'm working with documents with text markup done in red. I need to hear the color changes within the lines of text. I've set the Speech and Sounds manager to Colors, and Jaws will indicate color change if an entire paragraph is a different color, but not if the color is on only a couple of words. I've also tried the Attributes and Colors, as that would be my preferred choice of manager for these docs. But I get the same. Jaws only indicates the color for a paragraph, not for changed words.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Jean