Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

Mike and others,
The Recent folder has been around since at least Windows 98, and the contents are only shortcuts to the files, folders, and urls that you have accessed.
You can choose not to use the recent folder if you wish, and if there are no items being displayed in this folder,
it is not
necessarily a fault of the operating system, but a settings change by the user.
The easiest way to get to the folder, is to type the following in the run dialogue:

recent

and press enter.
Once in the folder select one of the entries, and then open the properties of that entry, and you will see that it is a shortcut
and that at least in Windows 10 the only tab in this dialogue is the shortcut tab.
Below is an url that has information about the Recent folder.

HTH,
Rick