Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

I’m not sure about this. I’m also using Outlook 2019 and I think something must have recently changed as a result of an update. I have changed none of my Outlook or Fusion settings and I can see the unread messages displayed on the status bar and whereas Insert + PageDown read me the status bar items yesterday, it is no longer reading it today. I’ll keep playing with different shortcut key combinations to get Fusion to again read the status bar items and will post back if I’m successful or anything changes.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Christiansen
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 3:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Just my two cents

I think you are setup as an IMAP account

Use, Alt+V, for the view menu and select, change view

From the select view, use arrows to locate IMAP, press enter on IMAP and the Insert+NumPad3 will give you accurate info.

HTH

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 9:29 AM

Sorry, not sure how to fix that then.

Russell

I did that and both of those are checked and I still got what I said

contact information
Mike McGlashon
PH: 618-783-9331
Email: michael.mcglashon@...

On Jul 20, 2021, at 4:57 PM, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Try to go to the status bar by pressing F6, and once there press either the applications key or Shift F10, and from the menu that pops up, make sure “Items in view” and “Unread items in view” are checked.

HTH,

Russell

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of mike mcglashon
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 3:35 PM

Hi guys:

I tried to follow the instructions from the links mr. brian provided;

Below is what jaws says to me when I press insert numpad 3;

Connectivity to your server. Connected
Zoom 10%

I even restarted outlook;

And still same message;

Also maximized the window and still same;

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 4:57 PM

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 04:42 PM, Bill White wrote:

Richard. Afik wasn't asking for the addresses to post to and subscribe to the JAWS for Windows list. He was asking Brian for the post and subscription addresses for the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group

-
Indeed.  But what Richard offered was the direct link to the home page of the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group on Groups.io.  Every group's home page has a section, Group Email Addresses, where the subscription, unsubscription, posting, group owner, and help message addresses are listed.  Every Groups.io member should be able to go to one of these pages, when offered, and snag the email address or addresses for that group that they need or want at the moment.

I keep hoping that Groups.io members who do interact primarily or exclusively by e-mail will still use the resources that Groups.io gives them via its own webpages when it comes to things like this.  They have a search facility for all their public groups as well, and that can come in really handy at times, provided you don't get overly specific with the search criteria.  It's one of the few places where I start with the minimum number of search terms, and then add if needed to narrow things down, rather than using several at the outset.

I'll also mention again that Groups.io gives email users all sorts of options as far as what shows up in their inboxes that are not available on other mailing list services.  Have a read through, Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx), if you're interested in knowing about them.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.