moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 01:32 PM, Mike B. wrote:
I forgot to add that the following needed to be turned on in:
Settings / Personalization / Start

Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access
-
We were typing at the same time, and I have to say I think you've nailed it here.  The setting isn't in File Explorer options, but that doesn't matter.  I know that "Show recently opened items . . ." is on, by default (unless something changed very recently) and if it has been shut off that does nuke the recent files processing so far as File Explorer and programs are concerned because they rely on Windows to perform this function.

    ~ William Plomer