moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 01:17 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Yes, I have tried my instructions!
-
Mike B,

I assumed you had.  My question was posed to Mike M, but I was unclear about that, and for that I apologize.

But I have never seen a link between whether anything was displayed in Quick Access, and note the settings you noted say "Show," which suggests, when not activated, a "hide" situation is occurring, but not that the data isn't present.

Recent Files has been around since dirt, long before Quick Access, and if files aren't showing up there I suspect some other setting in File Explorer Options is at play here, and one that has been set away from the default that ships with Windows (regardless of version), but that's purely speculative on my part.  That, or some sort of privacy focused software has tweaked something to prevent Windows from populating Recent Files.

    ~ William Plomer