From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 07:19
Subject: Re: Reading large pdf docs with adobe reader

No, I do in fact mean 32gb of physical ram. It's an 8 core Xeon (dual
quads) with about 10tb HDD capacity now.

The main thing I use all that capability for is running virtual
machines. It's way easier to perform initial debugging of windows
drivers under non-starvation conditions.

The thing is, even with a system as ridiculously overpowered as what
I've got, acrobat reader still crawls on documents larger than 600
pages or so.

On 4/10/12, Farfar and His Trusty Guide Beamer <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
A 32 Gb RAM system? That's an incredible amount of RAM. Did you mean a
32-bit machine? Or do you have a 32G swap drive set up?

Dave Carlson