moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

Mike,

I can't answer that, at least not precisely, as I do not know of any way to disable Quick Access other than to toggle the display of same on or off.

If you don't have a recent files list showing up in things like Word, Excel, Paint, etc., I can't explain that.  If I even so much as bring up the context menu for any start menu item, I get a recents list associated with it.  But I have never disabled the display of Quick Access, either.

But the recents lists predate Quick Access by quite a long time.

    ~ William Plomer