Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 08:46 AM, Mike B. wrote:
I don't know how to make copies of files to auto save to Recent Files
-
Mike,

That's because you don't.  The recent files list is a Windows feature and Recent Files gets populated based on exactly which files you've been working with most recently.  As Sharon's message indicates, there can be quite a few because you can set the length of the "recent files list" available in programs such as MS-Word, etc.

But you don't directly manage Recent Files, Windows does, and I'll bet my bottom dollar that no actual file ever gets stored there, just symbolic links to files.

    ~ William Plomer