moderated Re: change password from stars

Van Lant, Robin

I heard someone ask this question on a recent FS Open Line and I thought Eric said this is not an option. Just like a sighted user doesn't have the option to type and see what they type, so too is the case when JAWS reads it out. Now, Eric noted and I've seen that many websites now give you an option just after the password box to display the password as you type, but this is a website option, not a browser or JAWS setting. One suggestion was to type your password in Notepad, then cut and paste it into the browser, if you really need to hear each character spoken.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of tom x
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 2:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: change password from stars

Using: latest Jaws and W10 64 bit.

Can someone please inform me how to have Jaws say each character as a password is being typed rather than star, star etc.

It would be great if a default setting could be changed so all browsers would function in this way but if each browser's settings had to be changed then so be it.

On my home computer, this will not be a security problem.

Thanks

Tom

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114