moderated Re: Web elements being read on one line

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

i've noticed this behavior in all chromium browsers. I don't know why it happens it's annoying assume it has something to do with the accessibility set up of the website. For example yes no cancel next etc. buttons or links will often be read out as one continuous element and you have to use the jaws cursor to arrow to each one independently I'm not really sure what to do about it. If this isn't what you're experiencing I'm sorry I misunderstood.

Randy Barnett

On Jul 19, 2021, at 3:24 AM, Joe DiNero <joedinero68@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have recently started to encounter multiple situations, where I have multiple web elements being read by JAWS on one line, when I am navigating a site. I know this can be an issue in NVDA if you do not uncheck the check box for “Use Screen Layout”, as NVDA will read the inline content on one line. Is there something I can change in JAWS or is this a site issue? I am running the latest Win 10 and this is happening with the most up to date versions of Firefox and Chrome with the most up to date version of JAWS 2021 and 2020.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe