moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

Van Lant, Robin

If you know what you named the file, you could press Windows key and type all or part of the name in the search box.  I’m guessing WordPad does not have a recent files list, as Word does. I often go to that to find a file that I accidentally saved in an unknown folder.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 9:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How to locate a missing file

I wrote something in WORD PAD, and when I went to open it again it was not there. I wrote the information in a new WORD PAD file and when I tried to save it, I received the message that I already had that file. So, how do I find it? It’s not in “file explorer.” This has all happened since the latest update of Microsoft.

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

KeyCorp Public