From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of David
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:52 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Need Shortcut Keys

Hello there;

Perhaps the following will help you get started.

174 useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Outlook 2010.

(Click here to go back to Microsoft Outlook Shortcuts on shortcutworld.com)

http://www.shortcutworld.com/en/win/Outlook_2010.html

Outlook 2010 Shortcuts

table with 2 columns and 9 rows

1. Main Outlook Features

Shortcut

Description

ctrl+1

Switch to Mail

ctrl+2

Switch to Calendar

ctrl+3

Switch to Contacts

ctrl+4

Switch to Tasks

ctrl+5

Switch to Notes

ctrl+6

Switch to Folder List in Navigation Pane

ctrl+7

Switch to Shortcuts

ctrl+shift+b

Open Address Book

table end

2. Messages in Main View

table with 2 columns and 10 rows

Main Window

Shortcut

Description

tab/shift+tab

Cycle forward / backward between screen elements (Navigation Pane, Message
List, Search, Reading Pane)

ctrl+shift+i

Go to Inbox folder

ctrl+shift+o

Go to Outbox folder

ctrl+y

Go to another folder as specified

f3 or ctrl+e

Go to Search box

ctrl+m or f9

Check for new messages

alt+arrow left / alt+arrow right

ctrl+n

Create new message

ctrl+shift+m

Create new message (from any Outlook view)

table end

table with 2 columns and 6 rows

Navigation Pane

Shortcut

Description

arrow up / arrow down

Navigate downward / navigate upward in Navigation Pane. Press space or enter
to select. Press shift+tab and/or tab to jump between Message List and
Navigation

Pane

arrow left / arrow right

Collapse or expand group in message list

a...z

Jump to folder with letter typed. If more than one folder exists,
immediately continue typing second or third letter until reaching folder

f2

Rename folder

del

Delete folder

table end

table with 2 columns and 22 rows

Message List and Single Messages

Shortcut

Description

tab/shift+tab

Cycle forward / cycle backward between Screen Elements (e.g. Navigation
Pane, Message List, Search, Reading Pane)

arrow down / arrow up

Move down / move up between messages

arrow left / arrow right

Collapse / expand groups (e.g. week)

shift+arrow down / shift+arrow up

Select multiple adjacent messages

press and hold ctrl, arrow up/arrow down and space

Select multiple non-adjacent messages

ctrl+shift+v

Move message to folder

insert

Add Quick Flag to message

ctrl+shift+g

Add Custom Flag to message

ctrl+alt+j

Mark message as not junk

ctrl+q/ ctrl+u

ctrl+alt+m

Mark for Download

ctrl+alt+u

Clear Mark for Download

ctrl+shift+w

Display blocked content menu. Press ctrl+shift+w, then p to download blocked
pictures/images.

alt+enter

Show email properties

ctrl+shift+s

Post to folder

ctrl+shift+y

Copy item to folder

spacebar/ shift+spacebar

Page down / page up through message text in Reading Pane

enter

Open message

ctrl+. / ctrl+,

Jump to next/previous message (in single message view)

ctrl+p

Print Message

Most Shortcuts work in Message List and when viewing single messages

table end

3. Messages in Compose View

table with 2 columns and 10 rows

Manage Messages

Shortcut

Description

tab

Cycle between To, Cc, Subject, and Message Body

alt+m

Choose From account from which to send message

alt+u

Jump to subject

alt+s

Send

ctrl+s or shift+f12

Save Message

f12

Save Message as

ctrl+click

Jump to URI while in edit mode

ctrl+k

Insert hyperlink

alt+n, then af

Attach File / Insert File

table end

table with 2 columns and 23 rows

Shortcuts for Formatting Text

Shortcut

Description

ctrl+x / ctrl+c / ctrl+v

Cut/ copy/ paste

alt+o

Display Format menu

ctrl+shift+p

Display Font dialog box

shift+f3

Switch case between all upper, all lower, and first letter upper.

ctrl+shift+k

Switch case to/from small capitals

ctrl+b

Switch format to/from bold

ctrl+i

Switch format to/from italic

ctrl+u

Switch format to/from underline

ctrl+shift+l

Add/remove bullets

ctrl+l

Align left

ctrl+r

Align right

ctrl+e

Align center

ctrl+t/ ctrl+shift+t

Increase / decrease indent

ctrl+[/ ctrl+]

Increase / decrease font size (or use or ctrl+shift+;

ctrl+spacebar

Clear formatting (or use ctrl+shift+z)

ctrl+shift+h

Delete next word

ctrl+shift+j

Stretch paragraph to fit between margins

ctrl+shift+s

Apply styles

ctrl+t

Create hanging indent

ctrl+shift+t

Reduce hanging indent

ctrl+k

Insert hyperlink

ctrl+q

Remove paragraph formatting

table end

table with 2 columns and 16 rows

4. Create Items

Shortcut

Description

ctrl+shift+a

Create appointment

ctrl+shift+c

Create contact

ctrl+shift+l

Create distribution list

ctrl+shift+x

Create fax

ctrl+shift+e

Create folder

ctrl+shift+j

Create Journal entry

ctrl+shift+q

Create meeting request

ctrl+shift+m

Create message

ctrl+shift+n

Create note

ctrl+shift+h

Create new Microsoft Office document

ctrl+shift+s

Post to this folder

ctrl+t

Post reply in this folder

ctrl+shift+p

Create Search Folder

ctrl+shift+k

Create task

ctrl+shift+u

Create task request

table end

5. Calendar Shortcuts

table with 2 columns and 10 rows

Create and Manage Appointments

Shortcut

Description

tab / shift+tab

Select next/ select previous appointment in Calendar View

ctrl+n

Create new appointment (when in Calendar)

ctrl+shift+a

Create new appointment (in any Outlook view)

ctrl+shift+q

Create new meeting request

ctrl+g

Set up recurrence for an appointment or task

tab / shift+tab

Jump to next / previous input field

ctrl+f

Forward an appointment or meeting

ctrl+r

Reply to meeting request with message

ctrl+shift+r

table end

table with 2 columns and 6 rows

Calendar Views

Shortcut

Description

ctrl+alt+1

Switch to Day view

ctrl+alt+2

Switch to Work Week view

ctrl+alt+3

Switch to Full Week view

ctrl+alt+4

Switch to Month Week view

alt+1...0

View from 1 through 10 days

table end

table with 2 columns and 12 rows

Navigate Calendar

Shortcut

Description

ctrl+tab or f6

Move between Calendar, TaskPad, and Folder List

tab / shift+tab

Select next/ select previous appointment

arrow left / arrow right

Go to previous / next day

arrow up / arrow down

Go up / down in current view

home / end

Go to beginning/end of current view

page up / page down

Jump one page up/ one page down

shift+arrow up / shift+arrow down

Day View: Extend / reduce selected time

alt+arrow down / alt+arrow up

Go to same day in next / previous week

alt+page down / alt+page up

Go to next or previous month

alt+home / alt+end

Go to start or end of week

ctrl+g

Go to date

table end

table with 2 columns and 22 rows

6. Contacts Shortcuts

Shortcut

Description

f3 or ctrl+e

Find contact or other item

f11

Enter name in Search Address Books box

shift+letter

In Table or List view of contacts, go to first contact that starts with
specific letter

ctrl+a

Select all contacts

ctrl+f

Create new message addressed to selected contact

ctrl+j

Create Journal entry for selected contact

ctrl+n

Create new contact (when in Contacts)

ctrl+shift+c

Create new contact (from any Outlook view)

ctrl+o or ctrl+shift+enter

Open contact form for selected contact

ctrl+shift+l

Create new distribution list

ctrl+p

Print

f5

Update list of distribution list members

ctrl+y

Go to different folder

ctrl+shift+b

Open Address Book

ctrl+shift+f

Use Advanced Find

ctrl+shift+.

In an open contact, open next contact listed

esc

Close contact

ctrl+shift+x

Open Web page for selected contact (if one is included)

alt+d

Open Check Address dialog box

alt+shift+1 .. 3

In contact form, under Internet, display message 1 .. 3 information

ctrl+shift+d

Dial new call

table end

table with 2 columns and 18 rows

7. Tasks Shortcuts

Shortcut

Description

alt+f2

Show or hide To-Do Bar

alt+c

Accept task request

alt+d

Decline task request

ctrl+e

Find task or other item

ctrl+y

Open Go to Folder dialog box

ctrl+n

Create new task (when in Tasks)

ctrl+shift+k

Create new task (from any Outlook view)

ctrl+shift+u

Create new task request

ctrl+o

Open selected item

ctrl+p

Print selected item

ctrl+a

Select all items

ctrl+d

Delete selected item

ctrl+f

Forward task as an attachment

shift+tab

Switch between Navigation Pane, Tasks list, and To-Do Bar

ctrl+j

Open selected item as Journal item

ctrl+z

Undo last action

insert

Flag an item or mark complete

table end

table with 2 columns and 15 rows

8. Business Card View

Shortcut

Description

a-z

One or more letters of name that card is filed under or name of field that
you are sorting by will select specific card in list

arrow up / arrow down

Select previous / select next card

home / end

Select first / select last card in list

page up / page down

Select first card on current page / next page

arrow right / arrow left

Select closest card in next / previous column

ctrl+spacebar

Select or cancel selection of active card

shift+arrow up / shift+arrow down

Extend selection to previous / next card

ctrl+shift+arrow up / ctrl+shift+arrow down

Extend selection to previous or next card, regardless of starting point

shift+home / shift+end

Extend selection to first / last card in list

shift+page up / shift+page down

Extend selection to first / last card on previous page

tab / shift+tab

Move to next / move to previous field

enter

Move to next field, or add line to multiline field

shift+enter

Move to previous field without leaving active card

f2

Display insertion point in active field to edit text

table end

table with 2 columns and 10 rows

9. Other Outlook 2010 Shortcut

Shortcut

Description

ctrl+alt+s

Define Send/Receive groups

shift+f9

Start send/receive for current folder, retrieving full items (header, item,
and any attachments)

ctrl+b

Display Send/Receive progress when send/receive is in progress

ctrl+alt+shift+f12

Save Form Design

ctrl+shift+f11

Save Form Data

ctrl+n when on InfoPath folder.

Create new InfoPath form

ctrl+shift+w

Select Message InfoBar and, if available, show menu of commands

alt+f11

Open Visual Basic Editor

alt+f8

Play Macro