moderated Re: Accessing comments and edits in Google docs with JAWS

Shankar.C

Some of the keystrokes may not invoked while using the jaws, press insertPlus3 and press the above mentioned keystroke and see if it works!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
Sent: 18 July 2021 17:33
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessing comments and edits in Google docs with JAWS

Hi everyone,

At my current workplace, I am required to collaborate a great deal with my colleagues using Google docs. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how comments and edits can be accessed with JAWS in an efficient and seamless manner.

I found a video by Freedom Scientific on accessing comments in google sheets. The two commands the speaker suggested for adding new comments and viewing the comment discussion thread aren't working for me. These are alt+control+m and alt+control+shift+a respectively. When I press these keystrokes, nothing happens. Screen reader support is enabled.

I use JAWS 2021, Chrome 91.0.124.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018) University of Oxford