Re: Need Shortcut Keys

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

OK.
There are those who make a precise distinction among shortcut keys, hot keys, and accelerator keys. I don't think most people make that distinction, and in this recommendation, I am not making that distinction either, treating your request for shortcut keys as essentially a request for keyboard equivalents to mouse clicks.
Anywhere within Office, to get a list of shortcut keys (hot keys) that JAWS employs, press JAWS Key (insert) plus F-1. If you then press control plus end, you will come to the end of a block of text. There, depending on the application, you will get a couple of links that will take you to JAWS-related shortcut keys or hotkeys.
If you are talking about shortcut keys that are entirely independent of JAWS, but work with Office, you should know that the keyboard shortcuts for mouse actions are easily found on the Internet. I'll let you look for them, or perhaps someone else will send you a link.
I recently found a totally free resource for Office shortcuts in what seemed to me like an odd place.
In the iPhone App Store, I was looking for something else when I found an App called simply Office Shortcuts. It was free so, I installed it. It is, as the name implies, a list of Office shortcuts (and they are the same whether you are in 2003, 2007, or 2010). These do not depend on menus.
This little App is quite useful because you can try out all the functions without having to switch back and forth inside the Office applications.
Also, always remember, in any Office application, you can always create your own shortcut keys to perform virtually any function.
I know the iPhone reference is a bit off topic. Thus, I throw myself on the mercy of the administrators.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Dani L Pagador
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:14 AM
To: Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Need Shortcut Keys

Hi, Everyone.

I'm working with my Win7 system that's got Office 2010, IE9, and JFW11, and
slowly making my way along what looks to be a long, frustrating learning
curve.

I can't seem to find any shortcuts for Office or IE9 in the JFW11 help.
There are general things written about MSOutlook and Word, but the specific
versions aren't addressed. Where would I need to go to get a list of
shortcuts?

Thanks,

Dani, who's gonna go find more chocolate

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20120409/5c6cf841/attachment.html>
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.