moderated Re: how do you successfully alt tab with jaws in windows 10 update 21h1?

Richard Turner

I just made an interesting fdiscovery I think.

I launched BBC radio 3, opened Outlook, word, and Excel.

I was alt-tabbing between them just fine.

So, to check that my settings had held from the other day, I tapped the Windows key and wrote “alt-“ I only had to write as far as the dash for Windows to offer Determine what alt-tab does in windows and I hit enter on that and found that it said, the last 5 open windows in Edge again.

That made no sense to me as I had changed that I thought to Open Windows only…

So I changed it again.

I checked and it was back to the 5 windows nonsense.

I searched for that setting again and found there is also a setting for Virtual desktop.

Once I got both set to the same Open Windows only; the setting has stuck and works fine.

That is as clear as I can be.

HTH,

Richard

Web site: www.turner42.com