moderated Re: how do you successfully alt tab with jaws in windows 10 update 21h1?

Dan Longmore

Hi,

I am having more closure / crashes of Outlook since latest JAWS and Win 10 updates.  Also, ALT Tab issue for me consists of JAWS not reading the title of highlighted tab when I switch.  This item is random and has been around a while.

You’re not alone but I have no fix. 😊

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 2:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do you successfully alt tab with jaws in windows 10 update 21h1?

Hi Brian-all,

Actually, I have double checked on this Brian and it’s all set as suggested ever since I posed this question a while back. However, I still find that I can not get a rotating behaviour with alt-tab for more than say, two windows being open simultaneously. If I have bbc radio3 open as I do, plus outlook and for a while I want to open say, a word document, then outlook will probably vanish and I have to go back to desktop and restart it afresh. I wonder if others are finding this behaviour with latest jaws and win10 21h build 19043.

Kindest regards,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Παρασκευή, 16 Ιουλίου 2021 19:03
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do you successfully alt tab with jaws in windows 10 update 21h1?

You know, it's just plain foolish to call a new feature, and its default setting, however annoying that might be (and, believe me, it's happened to all of us) a problem.

The ALT + TAB behavior was changed with version 20H2 (thanks, Joseph Lee for confirming version) and deeper integration with new Chromium-based MS-Edge.  That behavior can be changed back to old-style with ease.  As I noted yesterday, in the topic entitled, windows 10 update 21h1:

Settings, System, Multitasking Pane and check to see what the dropdown for Pressing ALT + Tab shows, is set to. If you want conventional "old Windows" movement between open windows then you need to select, Open windows only, from the dropdown.

Someone also mentioned that they tweaked the settings related to multiple desktops that have an impact on ALT + Tab behavior, which is also a good idea if you use them. I don't, but many do.

These are some of the many reasons that being proactive and at least scanning topics you may not initially think interest you is a good idea.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

~ André Gide

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.