moderated Re: windows 10 update 21h1

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 03:48 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
Thanks to whomever it was that mentioned the settings for alt-tab in Windows 10!
-
That would be me, and you're welcome.

I knew that when Microsoft introduced this particular behavior change, and made it default, it was going to be a major stumbling block for screen reader users.  There was much discussion about it on the Windows Access with Screen Readers group (formerly Win10 for Screen Reader Users) back when it first hit, and I cannot recall whether that was version 1909 or 2004.

This is one of the problems for those who end up on the "late end" of any feature update roll out cycle.  Most of the bumps get discussed in the early weeks and first several months and then the discussions fade.  By the time the late cohorts are updated much can be forgotten.  This is one reason I implore people to file specific messages about changes that they are virtually certain will affect them, eventually, even if they don't at the moment.  It makes it much quicker and easier to check your own mini-archive.

           ~ André Gide