moderated Re: Outlook cuts off some of the words on a line.

Bill White

Hi, Albert and Richard. JAWS does not substitute the words block quote for the html code by mistake. This is an indication that a block quote is being read. A block quote is a section of text that is being quoted, and is indented about three spaces both on the left and on the right side of the text. If you want this turned off, you can do the following,

1. Open Outlook.

2. Press JAWS key plus the number six on the numbers row, to open JAWS Settings Center.

3. Arrow down to Web/Html/Pdf's closed, and press Right Arrow to open.

4. Arrow down to Reading, closed, and press Right Arrow to open.

5. Arrow down, and check which verbocity level is set for your configuration of Outlook. It will say either High, Medium, or Low.

6. Once you have found which verbocity level applies to your configuration of Outlook, proceed to step 7.

7. Arrow down to Configure Web Verbocity Levels, closed, and press Right Arrow to open.

8. Find the verbocity level that you need to change. It will be the one (High, Medium, or Low) from above, and press the SPACE BAR to open the configuration menu.

9. Find Block Quotation (it should be at or near the top of the list), and if it is checked, uncheck it.

10. TAB to the OK button, and press SPACE.

11. TAB to the second OK button and press SPACE.

Now that the Block Quote indication is turned off, you will not hear the words Block Quote when traversing a block quote. Note, however, that this is an indication of how text is formatted, and if you wish to know if you are on a block quote when this indicator is turned off, you will need to look at the beginning of a line and check if there are more spaces than usual to know if you are reading a block quote.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...