moderated Re: After purchasing SMA?

David Diamond

Sieghard , I was not implying or meaning to imply that a Amazon prime membership allowed you not to pay taxes.  Jus, I rarely have had to pay provincial or HST on any products I’ve purchased from Amazon. When ones purchases exceed $100 frequently, 12% taxes is $12 in taxes. That adds up.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: July 9, 2021 7:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: After purchasing SMA?

Hi David,

I'm sorry, but what gives you the idea that an Amazon Prime membership means Amazon doesn't have to charge you taxes? I order a fair bit from Amazon since I live in a very small town where I often can't find the same selection as you get in the big city and I have a personal Amazon account with a prime membership as well as an Amazon business account with Amazon Business Prime and except in a few cases where the item comes from a seller outside of Canada and it is not veryt expensive 5% GST and 7% PST (I live in British Columbia) are always applied to every purchase.

Best regards,

Sieghard

From: Alan Lemly [mailto:walemly@...]
Subject: After purchasing SMA?
Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:43 AM
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Mario,

The application of sales tax is a function of where you reside and your
state’s laws regarding whether sales tax applies to computer software
and its various forms. If your state applies sales tax to software and
Freedom Scientific has a physical presence in your state, Freedom
Scientific is obligated to collect sales tax and remit it to the state.
The sales tax should be calculated on the discounted price of the
software or SMA.

Like other tax laws, application of sales tax is an ever changing
situation. So, just because it did not apply in the past, doesn’t mean
it won’t in the future.

Alan Lemly

From: Mike B [mailto:mb69mach1@... <mailto:mb69mach1@...>]

Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 7:44 PM

To: <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>>

Hi Loy,

I updated my SMA to 2023 & 2024 over the weekend and today I got a

message to update my authorization when J2021 started.  I got this

authorization update message for each computer, so you'll probably

getting the same message pretty soon.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.