Re: Reading large pdf docs with adobe reader

Soronel Haetir

One possible fix, if the document allows it, is to save the entire
thing as text and to then use something other than adobe to read the
file. I've actually been quite happy with FS' HJPad demo application
for that sort of use.

You do not have to process the document for accessibility before
saving it, but the document might be locked against it.

On 4/9/12, Gary King <w4wkz@...> wrote:
Ted,
The long ago version that you are talking about worked in an entirely
different way than the current version. With the current version of the
reader, documents either load entirely into the virtual buffer or load a
page at a time. In addition to the problem of having to advance through a
large document by pages, you also have the problem of not being able to use
the JAWS search feature to find text beyond your current page in the
document. Don't think there's a fix.

Gary King
w4wkz@...