moderated Re: Computers for the Blind

james hooper

Jim what is the website for the outlet?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 6:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Computers for the Blind

You are purchasing a brand new Dell.  The Outlet is made up of machines that were ordered and returned without being turned on, ordered and returned within 15 days and ordered and cancelled (never shipped).  My machine works as well as if I bought it from dell.com.  All outlet machines are rebuilt and certified.  If you aren’t happy you just ship it back.  The cost varies based on type of machine and configuration.  Obviously a basic laptop running Win 10 Home with 2 GB of RAM and a 250 GB HD is going to be much less expensive than a 32 core PowerEdge server with 128 GB of RAM and 8 TB of SSD with a SCSI controller.

Also if it only comes with a one year warranty you can always extend the warranty at the end of the first year.  I have been buying Dell laptops since the late 1990’s and I have only purchased through the outlet, and have never had an issue.

Like I said in the first email you may need to check inventory for several days before you find exactly what you want.  As long as your flexible in your configuration the outlet is a great way to save some money.

Jim Weiss

On Jul 7, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

How much does the del outlet cost?

And, how well has your pc worked?