From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: July 6, 2021 04:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Computers for the Blind

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 04:35 PM, JM Casey wrote:

with working displays, much cheaper on ebay and elsewhere.

-
Not already configured with software used by a very great many blind people.  That's the appeal, as far as I can tell along with the price.  They're ready to use by someone who's blind and has familiarity with a screen reader right out of the box.  I don't have the last one that was obtained from them, but I did set up Windows 10 on it as it had originally come several years back with Windows 8.1.

Like I said, I have yet to see a truly substandard machine come from them.  It's not that I doubt there have been some, but probabilities are that you'll get a perfectly adequate machine for home use (or light home business use) that could last you at least 3 years or so, often more, depending on what you do.

           ~ André Gide