I am not Richard, but Eric is at the NFB Convention this week and I am sorry to say but the response hasn’t changed much.  “They are still working on making the subscription model available outside of the U.S>”.
Regards,

Jim Weiss

On Jul 6, 2021, at 3:50 PM, David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...> wrote:

Richard, if you have an occasion to email Eric again, could you ask him if he has any date as to when sales like below will be offered to Canadians?  The subscriptions to JAWS have been around for years, yet Canadians still have to purchase the SMA rather then going the subscription route. Time and time again the response is, “It will be available in Canada eventually.”  This reminds me of a phrase decades ago.  “Some of you are thinking about … and next year you will still be thinking about it.”

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: July 6, 2021 5:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Will SMA's continue, was RE: Freedom Scientific Software Sale

Here is my question to him:

Good morning, or afternoon; whenever you read this,
On one of the Jaws lists, the issue of to SMA or not to SMA has been coming up because of the sale.

It is being said that the SMA is going to be faded out and everyone wil be forced into the annual license.

Is that true?

Here is his response:

Hi Richard,

Not at all. There are currently two options and I expect that to continue.

If you are in ILM and current, maintaining a two year SMA is an option today. $150 is retail and you can get it during the show for $120. Pretty good deal.
For those who have let their license lapse, or don't own one, than paying annually with the Portal solution will likely be less expensive and thousands of customers have gone that direction.

Eric