From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Kingsbury
Sent: Sunday, July 4, 2021 12:20 PM
To: 'JAWS Discussion List' <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Verbosity of MS Office Ribbons

Hi all,

As an instructor, I am exposed to many other people’s computers. Recently, I have noticed that when some trainees navigate to a ribbon command on their computers, and pretty sure it is Office 365, they hear a long explanation of what the command does. This may be useful initially, but after a short time, nobody wants to hear that any more. I have played around in settings center and quick settings, altering verbosity, but that does not help. Any idea of how to get rid of these explanations?

Thanks,

David